Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:21 PM        Concerts you've been to.
The first concert I ever went to was this Supertramp concert in the Summer of 2002, for they were supporting their album,Slow Motion, and had played here before (I believe my dad had seen them play there a longass time ago. Having played my parents Crime of the Century cassette all the time (that and the Doors Soundtrack, back then) I was happy to hear that they would be playing at the Moncton Colliseum. I was a little dissapointed to hear that their lead singer and guitarist, Roder Hodgeson, wasnt playing with them (who sang lead on songs like "Dreamer", and "School"), and had actually left the band back 1983). Anyways, it could have been a bit better, as I was that into their newer material, and Rick Davies's gruff vocals didn't sound that gruff (then again, the guy was in his late 50's), but it was pretty cool to hear the classic songs.

I also went to this big Rolling Stones concert just last summer, and bands like Our Lady Peace, and the Tragically Hip (they are huge in Canada) were opening up, which excited me. Maroon 5 also played there, which as bad as it sounds, despite their singer, the band itself was pretty good with their instruments. Anyways, As cool as the Stones playing here was, the experience felt a bit marred by being so far away from the stage and having to watch a lot of it on the Jumbotron. There were a few songs that I obviously wish they had played (Wild Horses, Emotional Rescue, She's a Rainbow), but hey, they sounded great, and Mick Jagger was all over the stage. getting home wasnt so fun, as there were fucking 800,000 people there, and the crowds were huge and pushing and shoving to get to the buses, and it took about 3 hours to get back.

Anyways, I just got some tickets to see Our Lady Peace, again, on the 16(I think) at the Moncton Colliseum, and I cant wait for that. I hope to ask a girl to come with me to that.