Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 03:43 AM       
I only do that in one thread you jerk
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 11:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja
Well, The simpson's Main problem is that there are way too many WTF moments in there. Its trying to be like other more modern Adult Cartoons like Family Guy and Harvey Birdman, Yet in doing so they take away what made the simpsons the simpsons.

Classic Example.

There was something going on, and a quick scene involving the twins Sheri and Terri, when everyone else leaves, the twins are left standing and they start talking in their "secret Twin Language". Their Secret Twin Language involves them screaming incoherent gibberish and jumping up and down. Why. This had nothing to do with anything, It was unprovoked and it tried too hard to be funny. I'll have to admit, though, that part in the episode where Homer got medicinal Marajuana, and Mr Burns "died" so they had to manipulate his body like a puppet was the funniest moment I've seen on the Simpsons in years.

I miss the golden age of the simpsons, where homer was in space and Bart wanted to be a DareDevil (the two greatest episodes in my opinion).

Oh, and it is only a matter of time before Jixby decides to Put up those links to the Bart The General Video, Just so you are warned.
Well said, brotha. They are trying waaaaaay too hard to be edgy. I fucking lost faith with the Simpsons back when NSYNC appeared on the Simpsons.
Jazzy Jazz man
Pipes McGee is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 12:13 PM       
I think I can remember when I started to get tired of the Simpsons.

I belive it was that episode where they went to England, and Homer ended up in front of Parlament.

Basically.. the way I see it, Matt Groening hates doing the Simpsons, now. Heck, he doesn't even animate it anymore. He's just got a team of animators that do it all for him, he just lends his name.

Way back when Futurama was still making newer episodes, Groening wanted to do that, instead of the Simpsons. And while at the time, not as funny as The Simpsons, I don't think Fox gave it enough time.

I dunno.. I'm tired of seeing everything turn into a full-length movie. If they did a TV movie, or a strait to DVD release, then maybe.. but I don't think the Simpsons warrants a silver screen release.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 04:14 PM       
its all reminisant of wacky deli in my opinion

Jebus_was_Black is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 05:03 PM       
Considering that the team writing the script for The Simpsons movie, at least this is what I read, is the same that wrote for the show during its golden era (Season 3 up until what ever season ended with the Simpsons going to Japan) so I hold high hopes.

I am surprised I can still get excited for a movie. I thought George Lucas stole my optimism and had Jake Lloyd's mita-chlorine filled dick rape it to shreds.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja
Well, The simpson's Main problem is that there are way too many WTF moments in there. Its trying to be like other more modern Adult Cartoons like Family Guy and Harvey Birdman, Yet in doing so they take away what made the simpsons the simpsons.

Classic Example.

There was something going on, and a quick scene involving the twins Sheri and Terri, when everyone else leaves, the twins are left standing and they start talking in their "secret Twin Language". Their Secret Twin Language involves them screaming incoherent gibberish and jumping up and down. Why. This had nothing to do with anything, It was unprovoked and it tried too hard to be funny.
That's exactly why I despise family guy now, but I honestly think that was the absolute worse it ever got. The few episodes I saw last season were not as bad as everyone claims. The Left Below episode and latest one with Homers mom (I only saw part of it) were leaps and bounds ahead of family guy and american dad.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2006, 02:08 AM       
Well, since the abomination of a Simpsons movie causes my mind to abort itself, I'd rather mention my favorite episode; the episode where Homer is tempted by a new coworker in the plant. Voiced by Michelle Pfeiffer I believe.

Although my favorite lol moment was the beginning of one episode where Homer sees a trampoline for free in the classifieds.

"OH MY GOD! TRAMAMPOLINE! TRAMBOPOLINE!" *breathes heavily*