Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:36 AM        PSX Game Recommendations?
Ever since I got a PS2 in November, I've been on a mad rush to get a slew of PS2 games that have been labeled classic or damn entertaining. Since I can also play PSX games now, I need some recommendations.

So far, I've been trying to lay my hands on some Capcom fighting games like Rival Schools, some off-beat games like Gundam Battle Assault, and a futile pursuit to get both FF Chronicles and Anthology so I can relive my old SNES days. So, can anybody throw me some fighting/RPG games from the olden days?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 11:21 AM       
Get a dreamcast you bastard
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 11:39 AM       
You mean another one? I got one back when a PS2 cost around $300. And I still have it...and let me tell you, it's worth it to dig out a DC version of Capcom vs SNK 1 for it instead of that bastardized version that was forced onto the PSX. Of course, if you got any recommendations for DC games and a place to buy them, I'm all ears. Go nuts.

Anyway, back to PSX games....

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 11:40 AM       
Get:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Good luck finding it)
Final Fantasy Origins (FF1 and FF2? w00t)

Don't get:

Strider 2 (I swear to God it's so easy a blind man can beat it)
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 11:44 AM       

I'm not sure if you have this or not but get Soul Calibur. It's the greatest 3D fighter ever made .

As far as PSX goes, Threads Of Fate, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Parasite Eve (well...I liked it at least :/) are all over looked, yet good titles
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 11:46 AM       
Soul Calibur? Of COURSE I got that! I sacrificed a DC version of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for it and I've never regretted it. Is Namco stiill planning to completely shaft a PS2 version of Calibur 2 or are they going to come to their senses soon?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 11:53 AM       
Dunno . I myself am getting the Xbox version because gamecube isn't really the best system to buy a fighter for and the PS2 version of anything isn't always the best choice (loading times, graphics, etc.). Besides, if I want to play as Link in a fighter, I'll go rent SSB:melee again.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 12:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi

I'm not sure if you have this or not but get Soul Calibur. It's the greatest 3D fighter ever made .

As far as PSX goes, Threads Of Fate, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Parasite Eve (well...I liked it at least :/) are all over looked, yet good titles
Is threads of fate the one where you can play a guy or a girl and they've got different abilities or something? I vaguely remember something like that.

That was very funny. Well done.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 12:19 PM       
Yup . The guy could turn into enemies you've killed, and the girl used magic according to some sort of pendants. That game was so damned fun. I wish I still had it .
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 12:37 PM       
Yeah, I wanted to get a psx like 10x more because of how good that game looked. I never did play it though

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 01:25 PM       
KOF99. You must own it. You HAVE to. Castlevania Chronicles is also good, as well as Tenchu, Project Overkill, and Armored Core. Fort more nostalgia, Mega Man 8.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:39 PM       
I use to have mega man8 . fun game
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:43 PM       
The PSX port for Mega Man 8 must be better than the SNES version. For some reason Mega was three times bigger than his NES or X versions and was blocky as fuck. Speaking of which, what's the consensus on X5 and X6?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:46 PM       
Megamanx5 and 6 sucked ass. X4 was fun though.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:48 PM       
edit: fucking double post

Get Megaman Legends. That game rules.
The Wolf
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
edit: fucking double post

Get Megaman Legends. That game rules.
I've heard that's the same thing as megaman 64. If so, it's way too easy but very, very fun.

Lord Felch Demon
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:58 PM       
I hated Legends so much, it's not even funny. Mainly because ig ot stuck in town when Tron Bonne was supposed to show up. And yes, x5 sucked major ass.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 05:57 PM       
Hrm, I'd recommend any of the following for the PSX:

-Loaded (not the Re-Loaded sequel)
-Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
-Bushido Blade (I always loved playing it against friends for hours)
-Battle Arena Toshinden 1 or 3
-Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi
-Worms Armageddon
-Resident Evil 2 and 3
-Metal Gear Solid

and.....

-Skeleton Warriors
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 06:07 PM       
My friend had Reloaded for the PC way back in 1998 or such. That's the one with the bounty hunters, right?
Lord Felch Demon
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 07:08 PM       
I'd forgotten all about Teras Kasi. :O
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 07:16 PM       
Get Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Its not really hard to find. This store Bj's sells it for 10 bucks brand new. Also I would get FF7, NOT SHITTY ASS 8. I would also buy Hello Kitty Pinball. If you have enough time get Kiss Pinball and Power Ranger's pinball. THIS IS A GODDAMN JOKE. Except Castlevania and FF7.

Blood Serpent is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:17 AM       
Well if you`re PS1 is modified, here are some games that I recommended:

Sonic Wings Limited
KOF 96-98
Samurai Shodown 1 and 2
Metal Gear Solid Intergal
Marine is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:20 AM        Re: PSX Game Recommendations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbu Manowar
Ever since I got a PS2 in November, I've been on a mad rush to get a slew of PS2 games that have been labeled classic or damn entertaining. Since I can also play PSX games now, I need some recommendations.

So far, I've been trying to lay my hands on some Capcom fighting games like Rival Schools, some off-beat games like Gundam Battle Assault, and a futile pursuit to get both FF Chronicles and Anthology so I can relive my old SNES days. So, can anybody throw me some fighting/RPG games from the olden days?
Absoluteley Castlevania symphony of the night.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:27 AM       
WHY DID YOU FUCKWITS BUMP A TWO YEAR OLD THREAD
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 09:12 PM       
Look For Final Fantasy Chronicles and Anthology, but be warned. THEY LAG LIKE MOTHER- FUCKERS.
Also look for Tenchu and Castlevania