Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM        Pikmin
I've been playing Pikmin 2 recently. I played the first one when I was a kid and I still love the series, but...

Does anyone else get really, really anxious about this game? I never, ever want to lose Pikmin and when I lose ANY of them, I'll have the urge to go back and start. For the longest time, I think the game's been trying to teach me that it's okay that they die since they can just come back, but I walk around the whole world like it's a giant landmine.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM       
Me too! :eek

I get so frantic at the end of the day, making sure every last one is in or near an onion. I really can't stand to platy the game very long.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 07:14 PM       
Same here but that's just one of my many game-related OCD fits. Other fun examples include worrying about the one-time only scans in Metroid Prime, and therefore spending the entire duration of the game tense.

But yeah I can't play Pikmin for very long either.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 07:20 PM       
I also felt that way when I used player matches with my brother. I would feel all bad if one of them died.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 07:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Other fun examples include worrying about the one-time only scans in Metroid Prime, and therefore spending the entire duration of the game tense.
I think that's why I hated the game. It was really boring at the start but really, I hated the idea of going into every single room and scanning every single thing, most of which I didn't care about.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:55 PM       
I hate it when people complain about Metroid Prime's scanning. You really only have to scan a few things to get through the game, the rest is just there so you can learn about the universe if you care enough.

Which I do. I especially loved the way 2 presented the little backstories, and the game's general atmosphere. Despite all the shitty additions they made from Prime 1 it's probably my favorite game in the trilogy :o
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 09:31 PM       
arent there BONUSES for scanning everything in that game though

like unlockables or some shit
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 09:38 PM       
well, MP3 gives you unlockables for stuff like that, but as I don't have the obsessive compulsive disorder I never bothered keeping track in the first two games.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 10:40 PM       
hey willie, are we starting a trend?
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 11:10 PM       
And don't even get me started on the Al Bhed alphabet translators in Final Fantasy 10. If you miss one you have to wait like 20 hours before you can go back and get it. I couldn't relax

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 12:34 PM       
i want a new pikmin i love trhowing my pikmins to die it makes me feel like somekind of god

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
we already have one elpila
Disastah Blastah
Action Ham is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 04:10 PM       
It's depressing to get pikmin killed in the actual games.

It's really not so bad in Brawl, though. They're just stock clone pikmin that nobody seems to care about, and Olimar can replace them like that.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 04:20 PM       
You people never played lemmings? You learn to devalue life by the time you get to Tricky.

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM       
I don't like losing any units in Company of Heroes and tend to keep most squads alive for the duration, even if it means the game takes twice as long.
I guess that's slightly less weird than caring about little celery monsters (or whatever they are) though.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 05:35 PM       
When trolling on Warcraft III I used to send wave after wave of armed peasants at enemies with no expectations of seeing them survive, yet losing Pikmin or Lemmings is always a crying shame for me.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:35 PM       
I always tried to keep my Pikmin alive. Losing them in battle didn't bother me much because they died for a cause but I always tried avoiding leaving one out at nighttime.
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM       
I'm terribly unethical at Lemmings. The blocker guy? I didn't know how to stop him from blocking, so to get him out of the way, I'd give the dude a one-way ticket to his maker. Just for doing his job!

I totally understand where you're coming from about wanting to not lose anyone/anything. But I'm like that in loads of games though. I'll get an awesome weapon but will never use it because I don't wanna waste the ammo.

Dang my moderation!
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 11:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Same here but that's just one of my many game-related OCD fits. Other fun examples include worrying about the one-time only scans in Metroid Prime, and therefore spending the entire duration of the game tense.
Holy SHIT, me too! I can't play that game because I worry day and night that I missed a scan on the Space Pirate ship...

I get pretty crazy about troops in Company of Heroes though. If I lose even a single man I pull them out of combat and try to heal them up. It just feels so real

It gets even weirder. Take the Wind Waker. During different parts of the game, people say different things to you. I never know *when* it will change, so every time I do even the smallest thing, I sail to every single character in the game and talk to them. Just cause the computer might remember it or something. God I hate gaming OCD

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 11:38 AM       
I can't play Baldur's Gate 2 anymore without planning all my NPC switches and in which order I do all the quests beforehand. It's turning into a real problem.

I think we all have some issues...
He speaks truth!
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 06:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKennedys View Post
It gets even weirder. Take the Wind Waker. During different parts of the game, people say different things to you. I never know *when* it will change, so every time I do even the smallest thing, I sail to every single character in the game and talk to them. Just cause the computer might remember it or something. God I hate gaming OCD
That must of took you forever! sailing was the worst part of that game.
dipshed
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 07:39 PM       
Sailing was the best part of the game.

Old Apr 10th, 2008, 07:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
I'll get an awesome weapon but will never use it because I don't wanna waste the ammo.
Oh yeah, this too. Especially in Doom, I'd never use anything past the Chaingun because the ammo was sparse.

And sailing was the only part of the game. I still liked it better than Majora's Mask

dipshed
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 07:59 PM       
Majora's Mask had a nicely detailed swamp area, that's the only compliment I can give it

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 08:05 PM       
Majora's Mask is the only game I can remember being relentlessly obsessive with.

I completed it 100%. Twice.