Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 04:13 PM        Tom Cruise: Batshit crazy; gourmet chef?
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18042006/34...ys-cruise.html

Quote:
Hollywood actor Tom Cruise is planning to eat his new baby's placenta.

It is the latest in a series of unusual revelations by the 43-year-old Mission Impossible star about the child he is expecting with fiancee Katie Holmes.

He told GQ magazine: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there."

Cruise has also claimed he knew actress Holmes, 27, was pregnant, even before she told him.

A follower of Scientology, he has defended the religion's belief that women should give birth in silence.

"It's really about respecting the woman.

"It's not about her not screaming," he has told GQ.

Cruise recently also said he believes he can cure drug addicts.

The actor plans to marry Holmes in the summer.

He said earlier this month that their baby was due "any day now".
Jesus Christ, this fucker just gets wierder and wierder.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 05:27 PM       
This is your brain on scientology, folks. Just say "no."
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 05:37 PM       
As wierd as that is, eating the Placenta was hippie dippie before scientology got ahold of the idea.

But it's really chauvanist of him to eat it. He should let Katie eat it. She's the one who just went through labor and needs the protein.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 05:45 PM       
I heard he plans on conducting seminars for Katie and her family on "what the baby means" for their lives. :/
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 06:09 PM       
Yeah, I read about that too. He said it would be a 'fun learning adventure'.

If I'd told my wife I expected her to attend seminars on what the baby was going to mean, she'd have put my teeth down my throat.

I hope there's a whole lot of pre-paid after divorce therapy money in her pre-nup. She gonna need it.

Anyone want to take odds on if they stay together as long as Michael jackson and his kids mom afetr the baby is born?
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 07:05 PM       
Wow. I thought that first part was a joke, like those death hoaxes for Will Ferrel and Wes Anderson.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 07:05 PM       
when my cat gave birth recently she ate the placenta afterwards. Also, she kind of had them out of nowhere(or so it would seem since she wasn't in her nest or anything) so it popped out of her butt and she dragged it around for a while and it looked like a big poopie was hanging out of her butt.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 07:10 PM       
Nevertheless, I would aplaud any camera man that managed to get a snapshot of Tom eating the placenta.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:10 PM       
I thought she wasn't allowed to see her family?

I'm taking odds that he wisks the child off as soon as its born to some scientology monastery. And she'll just be abandoned and forgotten.

Anybody see the South Park that made fun of them? I think that kid is going to be filling Stan's role.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:33 PM       

PRAISE XENU!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 10:34 PM       
i really, really wish tom cruise would get hit by a bus
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 10:34 PM       
john travolta, too
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 11:33 PM       
The baby has been born.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...kat-baby_x.htm

It's a girl for Tom and Katie
Updated 4/18/2006 10:23 PM ET
By Donna Freydkin, USA TODAY

TomKitten has arrived! And it's a girl named Suri.

Tom Cruise, 43, and his fiancée, Katie Holmes, 27, delivered their first child together in Los Angeles.

"Both mother and daughter are doing well," the couple's publicist, Arnold Robinson, said in a statement issued shortly after People magazine reported the birth.

Suri weighed in at 7 pounds, 7 ounces and is 20 inches long, and her name means "princess" in Hebrew and "red rose" in Persian, said the statement given to USA TODAY.

Cruise, who jumped on Oprah Winfrey's couch last spring to declare his love for Holmes, was equally enthused about this round of fatherhood. (Cruise has two children — Isabella, 13, and Connor, 11 — with his second wife, Nicole Kidman.)

He and Holmes were "very excited about it, about this new life," Cruise told ABC's Diane Sawyer in a Primetime Live interview that aired Friday.

There's no word on whether Holmes followed the silent birth guidelines of the Church of Scientology, which both she and Cruise espouse. Cruise clarified to Sawyer that "silent birth" was "basically just respecting the mother ... helping to be quiet. ... If she's going to make noise, she's going to make noise. But why have other people make noise? You know, you want that area very calm and to make it very special."

Cruise and Holmes took their romance public last April in Rome, where Cruise attended the David di Donatello awards. They revealed their great expectation in October, after getting engaged June 17 in Paris.

Cruise has said the couple plan to marry this summer. "I can't wait till we get married," he said on Primetime. "I can't wait till I can ... call and say, 'Hey, you know, put my wife on the phone.' "

As usual, Cruise's timing is impeccable. His film Mission: Impossible III opens May 5.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 11:42 PM       
Just being a gelatinous protein fiber, my guess is that it'd just taste like egg whites.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 02:55 AM       
"silent birth" was "basically just respecting the mother ... helping to be quiet. ... If she's going to make noise, she's going to make noise. But why have other people make noise? You know, you want that area very calm and to make it very special."

at scientology common sense. So many people blew it out of proportion who talked to me about it. IF SHE ISNT SILENT HE WILL BEAT HER OR SACRAFICE HER TO L. RON HUBBARD AND HE WILL ET THE CHILD ALIVE.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 05:25 AM       
okay, I kind of ignored the whole scientology thing, and finally curiosity got the better of me and I looked into it.

So, this is a fucking joke right? People actually believe this horseshit?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 09:25 AM       
So, did he eat it or not?

Also, I think MI3 is going to be completely deserted. I know I couldn't watch a movie starring a man who's teetering on the edge of hilarity/insanity.
Mocker
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 09:37 AM       
I dunno. Brando was never playing with a full deck, and look at his best work.

I'm not usually one to comment on the relaionships of others, but holy fucking Christ, this is such a sham.
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 10:46 AM       
Yeah, Crazy doesn't rule out being a good actor. Look at Klus Kinski, that dude was crackers! On the other hand, am I the only one who always thought Tom Cruise never rose above adequate in his movies? I mean, he never fell below adequate either, that's his gift, he never sucks as much as I think he will, but I've have never once left a Tom Cruise movie thinking 'Wow, what a performance!'

He says he was joking about eating the Placenta.

And the silent birth claims may be somehwat exagerated, but there are photpos of people bringing huge cue cards to the house that remind everybody to be quiet. Cue cards , in the delivery room, in your house, wherever (except on the stage of a show) and particularly in the contxt of a birth, strike me as VERY CREEPY!
Mocker
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 01:33 PM       
And when was his last big movie that actually focused on his charecter?

Think about it. People saw War of the Worlds for the special effects. Same with MI:2 and probably MI:3. Ditto for Minority Report.

Last Samurai didn't do so well at the box office.

The last movie that was truly his was Top Gun.

And has the child been wisked away to begin her training for her apocolyptic battle with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's baby?
BANNED

Old Apr 19th, 2006, 01:58 PM       
I saw minority report because it was an adaptation of philip k dick's work, and with classics like getyourasstomars and Bladerunner you can't help but want to see.

I thought he was good in magnolia. His character killed me. "TAME THE CUNT! RESPECT THE COCK!". But to be honest it made me laugh too much to really observe his acting talent. I liked vanilla sky, too, but I still can't say if he was good in it ;( For some reason all my memories of him in every movie he has the same facial expressions and pretty much the same character with the same voice and attitude. Maybe he is a mediocre actor.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 01:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
So, did he eat it or not?

Also, I think MI3 is going to be completely deserted. I know I couldn't watch a movie starring a man who's teetering on the edge of hilarity/insanity.
No doubt. Why bother watching his movies when his real life is far more hilarious?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 02:01 PM       
Magnolia was a character film, and I think he was alright.

He's one of those actors who is Tom Cruise in every movie. I think Tom Hanks falls into this boat often. Tom Hanks with AIDS, Tom Hanks on D-Day, Tom Hanks coaching baseball, Tom Hanks foiling the Catholic Church. etc.

Although he has had some exceptions, but generally, he's the guy in Big every time.
OH GOD
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 09:07 PM       
i liked the part in war of the worlds where tom cruise beats the guy to death with a shovel for very little reason, it made me think "method acting "
Mocker
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 10:47 AM       
Actually, that wasn't in the script. He just happen to go ape shit on some poor PA while acamera was rolling and the footage managed to stay in the final cut.