Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 10:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrailx1 View Post
a short list of every day items i've been told will give me cancer. If I made a list of every day things that can simply "kill you" it would be very very long.

Deodorant
Bras
Coffee
Beer
Plastic containers
Styrofoam cups
Vitamin E (anti-oxidant?)
Talc Powder
Cell Phones
Potato Chips
Polyester
Used Motor Oil
Suntan lotion (fucking ironic huh?)
Here's a short list of everyday items that only effect those who choose to use them in terms of impact on physical health and that do not have a toxic exhaled by-product

Deodorant
Bras
Coffee
Beer
Plastic containers
Styrofoam cups
Vitamin E (anti-oxidant?)
Talc Powder
Cell Phones
Potato Chips
Polyester
Used Motor Oil
Suntan lotion

I have to laugh at the smokers counter argument "well item x causes cancer too, why aren't we bitching about that?" It is a very transparent attempt to draw attention away from the issue at hand. The fact is, none of you smokers would have this problem if you weren't so weak minded that you had to let yourself get addicted to smoking in the first place. All you had to do was turn down that first offered cigarette you chose (yes chose) to say yes to, and you would not be complaining about your freedom now because your freedom would be unaffected by smoking bans. You exercised your freedom of choice when you chose to take that first drag. Now your free choice has a consequence (consequences such as your addiction and control over your life and freedoms said addiction has such as forcing you outside to smoke)

Freedom of choice does not include freedom from personal responsibility.

Last edited by Pentegarn : Jul 10th, 2010 at 12:44 PM.