Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 01:51 AM        REVISITING THE CLASSICS
OK so here's the situation:

I do own a PS2 and now a Gamecube, that notwithstanding I've found myself growing bored as all hell with them lately, and I've been playing my old SNES, NES and Genesis ROMS a whole lot more.

In the interest of not overplaying all the classics I've played before (as much as I still love them and appreciate them, I am kinda burnt out on several of the more well known ones) I started this thread to get recommendations on lesser known gems. Got a good game I don't know about? Let me know. My boredom is staked on it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 02:02 AM       
If you like RPGs, see my RPG Completion Quest thread.

It's always good to make a run through the MegaMan games again. MegaMan & Bass is one of my favorites, because there's also 100 CDs you can collect.

The Harvest Moon games are always fun (for me, at least). And just recently, I played Super Punch-Out again. I forgot how fun that was, and how gay that white-haired guy with the pink eyeshadow was.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 02:36 PM       
Super Ninja-Kun and Hagane are both very entertaining ninja games for SNES. Wrath of the Black Manta is a good one for NES, and Splatterhouse is fucking fantastic, it's on genesis and turbografx.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 06:46 PM       
I should be getting a whole bunch more games for NES. I only have 53. They aren't ROMs either. What are some good games to get?
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
If you like RPGs, see my RPG Completion Quest thread.

It's always good to make a run through the MegaMan games again. MegaMan & Bass is one of my favorites, because there's also 100 CDs you can collect.

The Harvest Moon games are always fun (for me, at least). And just recently, I played Super Punch-Out again. I forgot how fun that was, and how gay that white-haired guy with the pink eyeshadow was.
I do like RPGs, and in fact, your RPG thread was half the inspiration to making THIS thread, but there are two things:

1. I've played all the Square RPGs to death.
2. I'm being a bit more general. Not just RPGs, but all games (excluding sports)

Harvest Moon I've actually been wanting to try for a long time, I DLed it last night. Hopefully I'll feel it was worth it. We shall soon see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavenom
Super Ninja-Kun and Hagane are both very entertaining ninja games for SNES. Wrath of the Black Manta is a good one for NES, and Splatterhouse is fucking fantastic, it's on genesis and turbografx.
I've never played Super Ninja Kun, that'll be worth a try. Hagane is a great game but unfortunately it falls under the "I've played it a billion times" category. Also, I've been wanting to play the original Splatterhouse for AGES now (I've overplayed 2 and 3 by this point) and I can't find the ROM online nor the cart in any of the gameshops around here. Maybe I'll try to find it on Turbografx, but all truth be told, I never DLed the TG emulator, so other than Splatterhouse I have ZERO idea what other good games there are. Can you recommend some?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:30 PM       
For TG-16, I'd recomend the Bonk series, as they are some of the greatest platformers ever created. Air Zonk is nice for a shooter game.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:33 PM       
I know Bonk started out on TG-16, but I have the SNES version already. Unless it's different enough to warrant searching out, I'd have to say, Got anything else?
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:37 PM       
devil's crush.
JackChick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 05:59 PM       
Blazing Lasers, Sinistron, Dragon's curse, Contra 3, The Gradius Games, Bonk The Guardian Legend, and BattleToads.

Probably some others

Kaish is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 07:29 PM       
Harvest Moon Rocks. I have a bjillion others but I stored all my roms on a floppy and don't feel like checking.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 07:33 PM       

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 09:22 PM       
You must not have very many roms if you store them all on a floppy, huh?

And I am the greatest Super Punch Out player ever. I can beat Piston Hurricane in 6.10 seconds. I can beat Bald Bull in about 28 seconds. Hell, the longest it takes me to beat any body are the last three guys, the old chinese guy and the two gay pink brothers, and I can beat those three in about 40 to 50 seconds
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 10:32 AM       
I dunno I have some awesome times as well. Will have to dig up my cartridge to check it out. It's such a good game.

Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 03:36 PM       
Ok man here are some notable times. BOOYA

Gabby Jay: 6.67 (I know I beat that, I had 5.88 or something cause I beat NP's top score)
BearHugger: 20.98
Piston Hurricane: 6.20
Bald Bull: 13.82
Bob Charlie: 6.98
Masked Muscle: 10.03
Heike Kagero: 16.20

Old Mar 29th, 2003, 03:49 PM       
I really don't have many roms. I prefer to play the games Via Consle when possible.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 04:13 PM       
Quote:
I have a bjillion others but I stored all my roms on a floppy and don't feel like checking.
Bjillion??? Floppy Disk???

Quote:
I really don't have many roms. I prefer to play the games Via Consle when possible.
uh........ I thought you said you had a bjillion on your floppy disk?(which normally wouldn't even hold 1 SNES game).

Old Mar 29th, 2003, 04:16 PM       
Holy shit. Whoopsies.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 04:27 PM       

BulletCatcher is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 05:03 PM       
Contra III rules. DL it.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 05:35 PM       
Metal Slug 3 kills Contra 3

Old Mar 29th, 2003, 05:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
Masked Muscle: 10.03
Whoa. How'd you manage that?

I could beat Bear Hugger in 17 seconds. I know cause I also beat the NP top score.

And ALL Metal Slug games are better than ALL of the Contra games
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 08:43 PM       
Don't remember. NP had some good tactics to semi follow in that Super Punchout strategy issue. I'm not sure what NP's top score was for him but I was quite proud of my Bald Bull accomplishment.

Old Mar 30th, 2003, 05:23 PM       
Sorry tim, but this thread made me want to play Super Punch-Out again, and, well. . .

I know for a fact that was much better than any I ever got on him before. I whooped his ass with a belt.
- Outerspacekid
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 10:54 AM       
Haha nicely done. I still haven't played forever but I'll pick up my gloves again!

Maximum Blob is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:07 AM       
I had some affection for an odd little obscure NES game by Rare called Snake, Rattle 'n' Roll.

First of all, the setting is a checkerboard world in isometric perspective, a la Marble Madness, so it's a pleasure just to look at.

Your character is a happy little snake slithering around, defeating enemies like the Vicious Toilet Seats (really) with the power of your mighty forked tongue.

When defeated, enemies (and our snake buddy, too) explode in a merry spray of confetti.

I never did win the game, though. I sold it. Why? I dunno, I was a stupid kid. I probably wanted to buy Spaceballs: The Bubble Bath, or something.