Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:19 PM        Metal Bands You Hate
Slayer has been irking me a lot lately. It seems i can't look up anything about an 80's metal band without hearing some horseshit about how great slayer is. I find the band to be horribly overrated. They don't sound that great at all. The vocals stand out too much from the music, and the singer has no rhythm. Not to say some of the bands i listen to are very rythmic in singing, but christ, this guy just plain SUCKS. The band did a lot for death metal, helping to establish this bastard child of a genre that we have today, and i'll give them credit where it's due. I honestly just can't stand this band. The same goes for Venom. I tried to like that band, but the music is just so horrible. I even listened to what's one of my favorite Obituary songs (yes, i know they covered Venom's song), and i could not stand to finish it. The music takes such a background presence, and the singer is just plain terrible. I hate it when bands have the vocalist be the centerfold of the music. Call me a freak, but i think it's fucking boring. I find that these two bands (they did help invent genres, and they deserve credit for such) are just far, FAR too overrated to be as good as i've heard them spoke of as.
FlakTrooper is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:26 PM       
Slayer does have a lot of lame ass songs but when I hear the lightning at the begining of Raining Blood or the opening part to south of heaven I just get the warm happy feeling inside.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:33 PM       
The only thing I ever liked from Slayer was the undisputed attitude album. Slayer would have made a pretty rad punk band if you ask me....
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:05 PM       
There's nothing to be ashamed for not liking Slayer, in my oppinion. Never liked them either. Esp. the lyric appoach, but even the structure of their songs seems so random to me it hurts.

But I like Sacred Reich, which are said to be a slayer clone. Dunno.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:40 PM       
old slayer good, chemical warfare was awesome. and venom is an acquired taste, i personally love venom. but as for bands i hate? there isn't enough time for me to list them all, and that does include EVERY nu metal band ever. i may be too picky but hey at least i have good taste for the most part.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:47 PM       
I Hate Metallica.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:56 PM       
I really don't like Kittie. :/

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:52 PM       
Disturbed really should be thrown down a well with jagged rock sides....
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:24 PM       
I actually liked distured. Their first album wasn't bad at all. Mudvayne, however...

Queefer Sutherland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 02:29 AM       
Yeah, I can't get THAT into Venom. They sure had a positive effect on what direction metal took for many bands, and I respect that and own their first 3 albums. Same with Slayer. I dont like Slayer all that much and it's probably because of this hype we're talking about. They didn't invent Death Metal but it's arguable that they made it possible, and I acknowledge that as well. But I'd like credit to also be given to other goddamned metal bands, and none of them receive the praise that slayer does. Not the old school Thrash bands, not the Death Metal bands, and not the Black Metal bands either. Popular as they are, bands crucia to the spawning of Death Metal like Kreator, Celtic Frost, etc. will always seem like unsung heroes compared to Slayer, and that's fucking sad.

I can't say I think Araya's vocals were meant to be the focal point of Slayers music, but I do agree that bands should try to allow everything to be a group effort. Equally irritating is the fact that people seem to prefer Kerry King over Jeff Hanneman so readily(never mind that Hanneman wrote all the early riffs and half the solos.) Do they like him more 'cause he was extreme enough to put more swastikas on his axe? Beats the hell out of me.

Anway, yeah, there ARE metal bands after 1980 other than Slayer, and the world doesn't realize it as much as they should.

Did I mention I fucking hate Pantera more than any band on earth? Overrated would be putting it mildly.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 09:34 AM       
queefer, with that last sentence about pantera you added i think i'm in love with you.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 01:53 PM       
All I can say is, I'd rather listen to Slayer than any "metal" band with a singer that raps. At ALL.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 01:44 AM       
id rather listen to mudvayne rather than slayer or disturbed any day
Asspunch McGruf
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 01:48 AM       
I'd rather all gimmick bands, EXCEPT FOR GWAR, be thrown back into obscurity. Permanently. Not even any "Where Are They Now" specials.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 01:55 AM       
GWAR

Queefer Sutherland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 02:18 AM       
Quote:
queefer, with that last sentence about pantera you added i think i'm in love with you.
Glad to hear it. Of course, I'll spare you any tirades on them I'm tempted to spew out here for now. *resists urge to mention Metal Magic*

Yes, I agree, I'd much rather hear Slayer than any Nu-Metal band, for many obvious reasons. I feel the same way about them as a band as I do Fight Club as a film: so much hype that I'll never know how much I would've liked them otherwise.

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 03:56 AM       
Gwar kicks ass. I just bought their This Toilet Earth CD, so Im kinda reliving old times made happier with the involvement of Gwar. Like a Gwar concert. Now that would suck without Gwar, for sure, even if it was my GF and mine's first "date"... now I need some money to get that Gwarchive DVD...

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:49 AM       
I never liked Slayer OR Metallica. I was never into Megadeth or Obituary, but I can't say that I hate them.

This Toilet Earth is still my favourite GWAR album.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Asspunch McGruf
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 03:44 PM       
I'm bitter about GWAR concerts, but maybe because I was unfortunate enough to attend the one where they were opening for god damn ICP.

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 07:13 PM       
Sorry to hear that....
what the hell was Gwar doing opening for someone else!?
And I cant decide what my favorite Gwar CD is... its a tie between Scumdogs and Violence has Arrived....
Mütiilation is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 02:33 PM       
Meshuggah
Slayer
Pantera
Metallica
Testament
Opeth
Super Joint Ritual
Necrophagia

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 11:05 PM       
I love pantera, super joint, and slayer :/
I also listen to grindcore,black metal, death metal, and obscure bands and other stuff so i guess i just like almost everything metal. But i do severely hate "nu-metal" and everything in it (possible exception of slipknot) Linkin Park must die a horrible death.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 01:08 AM       
I hate Slipknot. Enough said.
Lord Darian is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 08:51 PM       
Pitch my bitch part 2

I hate linkin park, and slipknot and oh wait you said metal well then in that case forget what I said. I don't really hate any metal band but I do think their are several that are far to overrated metallica, (megadeth I think didnt get the credit they deserved), pantera,( I think power metal is probably their best and thats sad figuring its half cock rock half wannabe thrash metal album), type o negative, and cradle of filth (just listen to them) well thats about all I can think of I'm sure theres more but I don't listen to much metal.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 06:47 PM       
I hate any band that claims to be a metal band, but only plays a few chords. Kind of a harsher punk.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?