Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

rockets redglare is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 05:59 PM        The Black Donnellys
Anyone catch this show either last week or this week? It strikes me as an Irish equivalent of The Godfather, but I don't know if it's worht sticking with for the long haul. Any other impressions would be welcome.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 07:23 PM       
Hi RocketsRedglare! I remember you being funny, glad to see you back.

Haven't seen the show.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 07:37 PM       
I originally had more written about how irish mafia stuff sucks and is always presented pretty much exactly the same way, but I found it hard to explain so I'm just gonna say that even though the show will probably last, I doubt that it'll be worth watching if for no other reason than the fact that it's a show about THE MAFIA on NBC so it'll be pretty tame, and that's just not something you can tone down and expect to have the same impact.

Edit: I guess I was wrong about it probably lasting: "NBC's mob drama The Black Donnellys, which had a disappointing premiere a week ago, slumped even further at 10:00 p.m. this Monday night as it posted a 5.1 rating and an 8 share (versus last week's 6.0/10). The results were worse than those for the previous occupant of the Monday-night time slot -- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. A rerun of CBS's CSI: Miami won the hour with a 9.9/16."

Btw, I'm really glad that the fucking studio 60 shit is cancelled or something too.

That was very funny. Well done.
rockets redglare is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 08:27 PM       
Studio 60 was a horrible concept, and I'm also glad it failed. I thought The Black Donnellys may have stood a chance because it wasn't directly up against 24, and beacuse the kid from the sandlot was in it. Guess I was wrong.