Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 02:25 PM        Medal of Honor Online
I just got Medal of Honor online version. I don't know if there are other online versions or something, but I don't know what it's called, I got the expansion pack and that's called Spearhead. Or something.

I need practice. This is the first keyboard and mouse FPS I've ever played. I was God-like on console FPS's with an actual controller, but this is awkward. And stupid.

Does anyone else have this? Maybe for some arousing online play maybe?
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 02:31 PM       
i would like to get some fps shooter online gaming going. but i dont have medal of honor anymore and i dont think I had a real cd key either

Does anyone know if you need a vaild key to play this? If not I can probaly find it.

also my friend just setup a cs server that I should have admin on. Anyone who plays cs should get in on it.

I dont know how anyone can like the controler over the keyboard and mouse for an fps. the mouse give so much more controll its insane. Thats a big reason why I hate goldeneye and any other console shooter.
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 04:18 PM       
I'm sure I would like the mouse and keyboard way better if I started using that before I started playing with controllers on consoles. There's not much of a difference; they're basically the same thing.

It's much easier to aim with a mouse, but I think it's much easier to strafe with a controller. Maybe it's just me.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 12:19 PM       
are u using the arrow keys or the wasd keys? normally by defualt the wasd keys are used for movement and the arrow keys have the left and right set as turn. it is a shitload harder to play if you dont use strafe all the time and use the mouse to turn.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 12:42 PM       
I have Medal Of Honor

But I don't have the expansion :/
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 12:48 PM       
I hate console FPS; the graphics smoke cock and you don't hav e the flexibility to bind 126 different keys since the controller only has maybe 15 buttons.

Here's my control setup for most FPS games:

W = forward
S = backward
A = strafe left
D = strafe right
LShift = crouch
space = jump
R = reload

If you're using a wheel mouse, you can have wheel up and wheel down cycle through your weapons, and the wheel button can be your "use/open" function.

Just turn on mouse look and always walk forward to steer.

If you are uber-l33t like me, you will also invert the mouse axis so up means down and down means up (hey, I played a lot of flying games when I was younger.)

It takes a while to get used to the new control system, but once you get adjusted to the PC, you'll hate the console.
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 12:57 PM       
Chimp and whore, those are the default controls for the game, so yes.

I didn't change to the arrow keys cause I can see how hard it would be to play with those unless I used my left hand to control the mouse. Me so smart, me think ahead.

And I ALWAYS strafe. It's tricky getting used to aiming with the mouse though. Usually, in most console FPS that I'm good at, the strafe buttons are next to the aim up/down buttons, like the c-buttons on N64 or the c-stick on Gamecube.

I just checked the name of the game and it's Allied Assault. I don't think you need the expansion pack though. I'm not sure how it expands the original as I've never played without it. Probably something gay, though.

- Outerspacekid
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 01:02 PM       
Yeah it is Allied Assault

But I never play it anymore. Ever since my computer got cleaned out, I've been too lazy to reinstall it :/

Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 01:04 PM       
Try invert mouse and see if it makes aiming easier.

Your ping also affects your ability to kill people, too. Even if you DO shoot them, if your connection or theirs is slow and crappy, chances are the game will think you missed.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 01:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
also my friend just setup a cs server that I should have admin on. Anyone who plays cs should get in on it.
Gimme an address and I'm up for that noise!!11 unless the server is gonna run that WC3 mod... a lot of my friends love it but I can't stand it. I like the admin mod that lets you turn players you don't like into chickens or have them say "I'M A HOMO" when they pull the trigger.
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 01:29 PM       
I swear to god I hate wc3 mod. But my friend is running it. he says it is super easy to turn off though so hopefully I can. Aparently he has a shitload of fun admin addons.

but i dont have the ip address now I havent even got to play on it yet.

I am sure I will be the best admin ever as soon as learn the commands.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 01:50 PM       
I hate every goddamn mod created for online Half-Life games.

First it was that damn presents thing, then the UT rip-offs, now all this new gay shit. I'm playing a damn WW2 sim, and I don't want to hear "M-m-m-m-m-m-m-MONSTER KILL!" when I'm trying to line up a shot.
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 01:58 PM       
I dont hate the half-life mods(cs, dod, action , etc) I hate the mods for the mods. I asume thats what you meant.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 02:14 PM       
Yeah. That's what I meant.

The only mods that are decent are the ones that are functional (forgivetk, nextmap, timeleft, etc.). Stuff that actually changes the game is super gay.

I don't even like what some ervers are doing with DoD now; in the new version, you get to see the location of the person who killed you, and then you go into spectator mode for the next 10 seconds. Some servers are turning that off and increasing the respawn time to 15 or 20 seconds, so you just get to see a black screen.

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 04:45 PM       
I play MOH:AA. But I hate Gamespy and that's what you need to use to play it online

I play CS too. Any good maps on that server?
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 11:31 AM       
I played through AA, it's a good game. With most FPS on PC I switch the common controls to:

A = Forward
Z = Backward
CTRL = Strafe Left
ALT = Strafe Right
S = Jump
X = Crouch

I enjoy PC FPS better just cause it's more familiar but the DC offered a great version of UT and Q3A. The controller worked wonderfully, just had to practice a bit.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:49 AM       
I used to play MoH:AA on the inter-web alot. Then all the people wanted the lean strafe back and forth and make it look like they were having seizures.

If anyone who like to play it I can reinstall it and we could all have some co-op fun.

But right now I'm playing Enemy Territory and thats been taking alot of my time away.