Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Which is better?
FF6 15 62.50%
FFT 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 08:49 PM        FF6 (3) VS FFT
What do you prefer?

Fuck you ninja, we'll see what people think is better

That was very funny. Well done.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 08:54 PM       
KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 09:07 PM       
FF6 can smoke my brown

FFT for life, yo
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 10:18 PM       
FF6. Tactics was a good game, but 6 was a great story.

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 10:20 PM       

...You're kidding right? As good as FFT may be, FF6 was revolutionary, arguably one of the best games known to man.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 11:12 PM       
Absolute blasphemy. FFT had a far more involved story with a ton more characters and the battle system was so psychotically deep it's not funny. Not to mention the soundtrack, the greatest musical score to accompany ANYTHING, EVER.

FF6 is fun (i'm currently playing it), but there is no way that this game will ever top FFT for me. FFT had cooler and purposeful bosses, (Rather than the standard "watch out for monsters!" assault, you get dudes who actually have a motive for trying to smash the shit out of you) better battles, a better and bigger story, better weapons and equipment, lots of neat little side missions, endless character customization, an astonishing soundtrack, way, way cooler characters (Cyan, Locke, Mog and Leo are cool, but they don't top Elmdor, Ramza, Hashmalum, and T.G. Cid), both ninja and samurai, a fucking MATHEMATICIAN class, angels, demons, other dimensions, the zodiac signs, tie-ins to other games, and awesome character portraits to boot. I WIN.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 02:03 AM       
I hated tactics. Thought it was incredibly boring.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 04:18 AM       
Well, I would post what I think about FF6, except for right after I bought the FF Anthology game, I loaned FF6 to a friend while I played FF5. HE FUCKING LOST IT. And he still has to give back my second disk of Star Ocean II.

DAMMIT ADAM, you get my shit back to me now!
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 01:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
6 was a great story.
LOL TO THE MAX

FF6 is completely overrated. From the inane random battles to the sheer blandness of the characters, I can't see why everyone gets a hardon whenever anybody mentions this game
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 01:45 PM       
I love FFT but FFVI is better. I don't see how anyone can miss the greatness that is FFVI.

FFT is awesome but FFVI does more for me. I remember having to save up to buy it and just playing it non stop that year. I still beat it often enough to keep everything fresh in my mind and it holds up to the test of time.

It is hard to compare the two since they are so different. FFVI was pretty revolutionary for us Americans. It was pure gold. FFT was basically a rip off of TO (although better). The story was awesome and more flowing than FFVI but it didn't have the innovative spark or creative style that FFVI did. Characters bland?? hmmm... the dialogue in FFVI is awesome and each character has distinct personalities. It was a bigger cast than we were used to and everyone could find a character to call his favorite.

The best thing about FFVI, Kefka. The most insane and maniacal evil villain to ever grace a FF game. They both have weak bosses in terms of difficulty but FFT had a really poor last battle.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 01:59 PM       
Face it. Loki is completely ununique as is Terra, Celes, the Yeti, Gogo, Gau, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, and just about everyone else. And what the fuck is with the painter girl? Completely useless.

Old Nov 13th, 2003, 02:46 PM       
Have you ever even played the game, or do you have a nack for ignoring the complete obvious?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 02:57 PM       
This is exactly what I'm talking about

Old Nov 13th, 2003, 02:59 PM       
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 07:03 AM       
I swear to god nerd, I am going to drop an anvil on you from the third floor.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 11:48 AM       
FF6 wins because of Kefka. FFT had a better overall storyline, deeper gameplay (though I am partial to the standard Final Fantasy style), and more characters that were well-developed (no Terra or Locke though...). But FF6 had Kefka. Best game villain ever. He should have his own game. That cheesy synthesized laugh alone makes me misty from nostalgia.

EDIT: Oh, and aside from FFT's opening theme, all of the music in FF6 was better.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 01:01 PM       
Kefka can suck it.

Ultros is the greatest though.

"Yikes! Seafood soup."
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 01:10 PM       
MEGA MAN 2
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 01:36 PM       
Proto, that was off-topic. I think you as an administrator should try to do a better job of setting an example for some of the board members who aren't quite acquainted with the rules and etiquette yet.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 06:19 PM       
Yes, FFT did have a very, very easy final battle. But i don't take points away from it because:

1. The music rules so hard
2. The location rocks
3. Hasmalum and Altima look wicked awesome
4. The final scenes were genuinely interesting.

I loved the way Hashmalum just killed himself as an offering for Ajora's soul, and his Stop2 skill looks pretty neat.

Kefka. I hate Kefka. I know i'm supposed to hate him, so i guess they get points for making a truely emotion-inducing character, but man, he annoyed me way too much.

FFT also gets MAJOR points for all the job classes, whether you could use them or not. Hashmalum was a Regulator, Elmdor was an Arc Knight, Queklain was an Impure King, and so forth. The names of those jobs tell you very little about what they do, and they just make you want them so fucking bad. It's like choosing the Ragnarok sword instead of the esper: you want both, goddammit.

Also in FFT, you were dealing a lot with the church, holy powers, angels, saints, cardinals, churches, and all that jazz that i find terribly interesting. FF6 had a dark plot, but you don't have to overthrow the church and the demons in said church in that game.

Even if FF6 somehow improved everything it had in it, it would not be able to top FFT for me. I love that game too much for anything to topple it as THE BEST DAMN GAME EVER. >:D
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 11:24 AM       

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Lurker extreme
Maverick Zero Unit is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 10:12 PM       
FFT all the way, the only problem I had with it was the job point system, but I fixed that with my game shark

Eternal_Champion is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 02:29 PM       
FFT
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 08:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Zero Unit
FFT all the way, the only problem I had with it was the job point system, but I fixed that with my game shark
You're an idiot
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 10:49 PM       
you know instead of posting a gay poll you could just ASK in a NORMAL POST

-willie