Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 01:36 PM        Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. YES!!!
I am so buying this when it comes out this month. Not only did they add 4-player simultaneous gaming to it (finally) so you can play all four turtles at once, but they also added some unlockable characters like Splinter and Casey Jones.

But the best things of all... "Longtime fans should also appreciate the game's other unlockable bonus: an emulation of the arcade's original 1989 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles side-scrolling brawl-fest." YES!!!!!!!!

That was one of my all-time favorite multiplayer arcade games (along with the Simpsons one) and to finally have the four player version perfectly emulated on a console is going to fucking rule.

Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 01:42 PM       
agreed. i saw this a few weeks back, at least they realized the biggest problem with the last game.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 02:43 PM       
You might want to look at some reviews. OPM gave it a 1 out of 5, saying that while the first game was flawed, the second one is unplayable.

"It amazes me. Last year's return of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was perfectly playable, but three big problems - no four-player support, repetitive voices, and obscene difficulty - turned it into a disappointing annoyance. Konami has fixed these complaints for the sequel. You can even unlock the original arcade classic by playing through it. Yet Battle Nexus is so bad that even die-hard TMNT fans (e.g., me) will question the pain is worth it
"No, you're not restricted to two-player action - Nexus offers Multitap compatibility. Only thig is, everything is way zoomed out to accommodate it, and the resulting gameplay is a complete mess. With four players or one, the view is equally horrible as you hack away to the point of boredom. Worse, you have to stay close to everyone else if you want any chance of actually seeing the attacking Foot and triceratons.
"Leonardo no longer repeats 'slice and dice' every time you hit Square, but he's harder to control. Annoying jumping puzzles only exacerbate matters - especially the ones that try to be Ninja Gaiden and have you jumping from wall to wall. Even so, Nexus isn't obscenely difficult. In fact, it's too easy. Tons of stages exist, but few take more than five minutes to complete. Boring.
"The original arcade TMNT may reward your perserverance - but it's not worth the pain. And that says a lot." -Chris Baker

In other words, don't be all "OMG TURTLES I MUST BUY IT!". Just rent the thing and decide if it's worth the money, because it sounds pretty bad.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 03:27 PM       
I'd rush out and buy it if it was just a re-release of the original turtles arcade game alone, so anything else is just icing on the cake. Mmmm icing.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 03:32 PM       
But you can download the arcade rom for free.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 03:40 PM       
i think you can emulate the original on dreamcast o.o haven't tested it yet.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 03:56 PM       
Find out if you can, cuz I might try burning it to my dreamcase... though, I'd still probably rather have it on the GameCube in all honesty.
Crying Baby Jesus is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 08:02 PM       
why don't they just re-release turtles in time? With NO additions at all
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 08:00 AM       
last week we hooked up a pc to the widescreen and played mame roms like turtles and metal slug for hours (using a bunch of pc controllers as well )

its a bitch moving it tho

Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 12:18 PM       
Ive found the most the dreamcast could emulate well(play at almost full speed) was the sega genisis, the snes was pretty slow the last time i tried it.

i use my xbox for emulation, it works MUCH better than the dreamcast for snes, arcade. etc..
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 12:39 PM       
Not to get TOO far off the subject, but where the fuck can you find MAME roms nowadays? I lost my shit when I reformatted.

Romnation's roms aren't complete, and that Spanish site doesn't seem to offer downloads anymore.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 01:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Find out if you can, cuz I might try burning it to my dreamcase... though, I'd still probably rather have it on the GameCube in all honesty.
Who are you kidding? You don't know how to burn it to your Dreamcast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Not to get TOO far off the subject, but where the fuck can you find MAME roms nowadays? I lost my shit when I reformatted.
www.planetemu.net

A fine source of mame roms.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 02:10 PM       
i like dreamcast emulation since it's cheap an doesnt require any modding an lotsa people have dreamcasts :o ah bet snes emulation could be run perfect oneday but dreamsnes is an abandoned project an noones caught up to it yet. if people kept workin onnit.. maybe :o

there's been like zero development for genesis emulation, that thing floatin around the internet is jus that emulator sega made for their compilations an people ripped it off

the neogeo cd emulator sounds neat if i can get around to playin with it. :o a couple of things it claims to emulate perfect would be cool things to play. no sound in samuraishodown4

sooner than i got an xbox id prolly make a comp jus for playin games on my tv with. :o
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 02:25 PM       
Yes I do, Boogie!

Mew... didn't McClain build a computer using an old NES box? So you could easily build a computer to play games on your TV with and still have it take up hardly any space.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 03:17 PM       
Anybody played this game yet? I still haven't had the chance to check it out.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 03:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James

Romnation's roms aren't complete, and that Spanish site doesn't seem to offer downloads anymore.
what are you talking about, all the romnation roms i've gotten have been complete :/ unless you're only downloading the US rom when there is a larger World rom available, cause the world rom is the 'base' rom and the US download is just the extra files needed to play the US version :/
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:33 AM       
Yeah what Willie said, romnation.net has been what I used since mame.dk closed down. All the games worked on MAME except the ones were you need the extra neogeo file first.

Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios
i like dreamcast emulation since it's cheap an doesnt require any modding
fuck! i thought it did! nes heven here i come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 01:55 AM       
Just "bought" the TMNT2 game today and Protoclown and I played it for a little while before we had to leave. It was damned fun and I can't ait to get the full 4-player game going. Haven't even tried the competitive mode yet or unlocked the arcade game part (which is supposedly on one of the later levels).
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 09:59 AM       
I'm only renting this in the hopes that Sega will see some good in it and make that fucking Streets Of Rage we all want.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 08:50 PM       
this might sound stupid, but is it possible to use an adapter for a 4 player on the NES version?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 09:21 PM       
no