Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 03:20 PM       
Mario Sunshine is one of the worst games on the gamecube, and so is Animal Crossing (fuck you guys, it's useless without online play and takes up 57 memory card blocks). You should sell them both, then buy Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness.

Also, don't be fooled by the large "Gamecube Game of the year" sticker on Viewtiful Joe, because it is hands down the most overrated piece of shit game ever made.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 03:25 PM       
People should boycott this system because of its gay name.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM       
I don't consider myself a super-diehard Nintendo fan, especially after playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and several kickass PS games, which made me lose interest in the newer systems by Nintendo. That was about 9 or 8 years ago. However, I think this new system could be cool, and it helps that they are making it possible to play older NES games of your choice.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 04:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Eternal Darkness
HIS was the game for me on the gamecube, if they ever make a ED sequel for Wii then im getting one at launch easily.

in all fairness the gamecube's decent titles were few are far between, but those that did emerge were usualy pretty awesome, it will be interesting what games they will reveal in the coming weeks (the currently announced details on games seem to be pretty sketchy ATM)

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:27 PM       
I've always praised Eternal Darkness

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
Jesus Christ, James, I knew you would say SOMETHING negative, but goddamn, why is it that the only argument Sony fanboys can come up with against Nintendo is their "kiddie" image? The quality of the games is what matters, not the blood content.
Agreed. Just because Nintendo hasn't thrown themselves into this punk-ass testosterone driven "console war" doesn't mean they don't make great (i.e. better, even though PS has metal gear series, and I'm not talking about Twin Snakes) games.

Playstation is fun, the first Xbox was fun, but nintendo's always made those magical games that really meant something to me.

I think Nintendo's successful attempts to bring more gamers into the fold was a really great idea. The DS is strange but innovative, and the wifi is so fun. You don't get Phoenix Wright on PSP. I feel more alienated by Sony and Microsoft in their attempts to make everything hardcore, with better graphics and quantity over quality. Just me?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM       
Nintendo has always appealed to everybody. Everyone (alive) plays or played Nintendo's games at one point. They snare you with the cute characters and round out the package with solid gameplay. But the reason I still have my N64 is because of the kickass multiplayer available on almost every game. Golden Eye, SSB, Jet Force Gemini, and even Mario Party keep I and my friends occupied till two in the morning, depending on whether or not it is the weekend.

Don't take any of this to mean, however, that I am not a Sony fanboy, because I am. Nintendo is just more innovative, if not bizarre.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
Jesus Christ, James, I knew you would say SOMETHING negative, but goddamn, why is it that the only argument republicans can come up with against liberals is their "kiddie" image? The quality of the war is what matters, not the blood content.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 06:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
I've always praised Eternal Darkness
And never look back.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 08:30 PM       
This thread is now about me and how good I think Nintendo games are.

Though none of that changes that you'll be wiggling a remote control at your TV screen, playing Mario Party 37 on a fucking Nintendo WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 08:54 PM       
They can get as kiddie as they want. As long as I'm having fun, I don't give a damn if you are playing as a muppet fighting justice in the name of the number 3.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:08 PM       
That's actually the best premise for a game I've heard in a long time.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2006, 02:55 PM       
Nintendo... Wii...

N. Wē

en·nui (ŏn-wē', ŏn'wē)
n.
Listlessness and dissatisfaction resulting from lack of interest; boredom: “The servants relieved their ennui with gambling and gossip about their masters” (John Barth).

[French, from Old French enui, from ennuyer, to annoy, bore. See annoy.]

WORKS FOR ME!
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2006, 03:32 PM       
Huh?

Anyway, I like that it'll have all the old nes and snes games slapped on it. That's not just a rumor, right?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old May 1st, 2006, 03:33 PM       
You'll most likely have to buy them or something, but yeah, it'll have NES and SNES games.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2006, 03:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by camacazio
Huh?

Anyway, I like that it'll have all the old nes and snes games slapped on it. That's not just a rumor, right?
right. also old sega games and tg-16 games....
Forum Virgin

Ruk is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:05 PM       
From my journal:

Nintendo. Guys. Listen just a second, okay? Your competitors (and yes, they ARE your competitors, despite what your pitch-man Reggie Fils-Aime says) Sony and Microsoft have chosen respectable names for their next-generation consoles--the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, respectively. Your new home console was code-named "Revolution," for good reason. As details began to trickle out about the system (a TV remote-style motion-sensitive controller, the ability to play titles from every generation of Nintendo's existence, a smaller price tag than the competitors, Nintendo's exclusive franchises, etc.), we got behind the name. Revolution. The damn thing was going to be an entirely new video game experience, even accessible and unintimidating to non video-game players.

We knew the code name might not be the system's final moniker, but the Nintendo DS, which was released only 2 years ago, stuck with that code name from the early stages all the way up until its final release, and is still called the DS to this day. We hoped. We hoped that something called the "Revolution" could generate enough excitement simply through the name to decimate the competition in the next generation. Nintendo has been slipping in the console business for the past few years, mostly due to scant third-party support. The GameCube is now available for only $99 in stores--it's a wonderful system, to be sure, with some great games, but nowhere near the library of the PS2 or Xbox. We hoped the Revolution would come and change all that.

And then, for some dumb reason, you changed the name. You stupid bastards. The new name is...

The Nintendo "Wii."

WHAT?!

You know, just when I thought Nintendo's frilly talk about accessible gaming, unique direction, and "new generation" console might not be comprised entirely of sunshine, candy, and unicorn farts, I get this. I had huge hopes for Nintendo in the next generation--I thought they might even crawl up to be king of the console hill once more, as in days of old. But dear God, did my hopes ever take a hit when I heard this name. When I think "Wii," I don't think of awesome video games, togetherness, or even fun. In this order, I think of: urine, Mini-Me, the mayor of Munchkinland, and babies.

You think it was hard to get non-gamers to play your system when you had a name like "GameCube"? It's gonna be nearly impossible for them to take you seriously with a name like "Wii." What's in a name? The life or death of your next console, Nintendo. Mark my words.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:15 PM       
HAHA THAT OWL IS GREAT POST MORE OWLS

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:49 PM       
do you write for http://www.i-mockery.com/
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:43 PM       
Hey ruk, maybe you and THAT MAN should hook up and make the ultimate minimock.

453. Nintendo Wii
Forum Virgin

Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
do you write for http://www.i-mockery.com/
I wish, man. I do have a Web site, but it doesn't get nearly the amount of viewers that this giant here does.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:00 PM       
Awesome journal entry.
Forum Virgin

Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM       
Thank you very much, sir. My favorite part was probably the use of the phrase "unicorn farts." I made myself LOL.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:05 PM       
I have to say, people who laugh at their own fart jokes are real winners.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:05 PM       
fuck you phpbb