the-new-improved-jack-o-juke-i-mockerys-halloween-music-jukebox

The New & Improved Jack-O-Juke! I-Mockery’s Halloween Music Jukebox!

Big news today, but before we get to it, allow me to refresh your memory about how our beloved Jack-O-Juke was brought to life:

Years ago, I went to the local cemetery during a full moon, dug a grave, and buried a jukebox in it. I would explain why I did this, but why creep you out with the gruesome details of my nocturnal October activities? So anyway, I returned to the cemetery last night, dug up that same jukebox, plugged it in, and discovered something truly horrifying...

It had become the Jack-O-Juke!

Behold the NEW Jack-O-Juke! I-Mockery's Halloween Music Jukebox! All the Halloween songs your zombified heart could possibly desire!

I'm incredibly excited to unveil the big news that we've completely revamped I-Mockery's Jack-O-Juke Halloween music jukebox for the 2017 season, and we went allllll out on it! Why is this such a big deal? For starters, the Jack-O-Juke has been rebuilt from scratch with all new parts, just like Frankenstein's Monster! The old one was done in Flash, and you may already know, is no longer supported on many platforms. This new one wasn't made in flash, and it will now work in your browser, on tablets, and even on your phones! Yes indeed, now you can take the Jack-O-Juke with you on the go!

In addition to being compatible with multiple platforms, the Jack-O-Juke has better features now. The random song shuffle function is finally working, it has full mouse wheel support for easy scrolling through songs, and we've added in two new "page advance" buttons that will let you quickly skip far ahead to songs later in the catalog just like on a real jukebox!

You'll also notice that the Jack-O-Juke has been completely redesigned. We finally have a new interface modeled after the one you see above, only the new one is even better. Upon loading it up, you'll see we've added an animated dot matrix style LED display to the top of the Jack-O-Juke. Yes, you read that correctly; now while you listen to your favorite terrifying tunes, you'll be treated to a show of random Halloweeny animations from within the Jack-O-Juke itself!

Like I said, we went all out on it this year. A huge thanks to Jacob for doing such a phenomenal job coding it, and to Re for designing the absolutely awesome new interface! Without their eerily energetic efforts, we wouldn't have such a killer Halloween jukebox to enjoy!

Lastly, I've also added in even more Halloween tunes to kick off this revamped jukebox. The Jack-O-Juke is a jukebox now filled with over 230 horrifying Halloween songs to keep your decaying ears bleeding with ghoulish glee all season long! Feel free to keep the Jack-O-Juke open in a separate window so you can listen to all of the hand-picked tunes while still checking out all the latest article offerings here on I-Mockery.

As always, if you would like to help me out with the bandwidth costs and show your support for our efforts, please consider purchasing a copy of Grave Chase when it comes out for PC, Mac, & Linux on September 20th this month (next Wednesday!). Every purchase helps cover those hefty hosting bills. Also, it's a really fun Halloween video game we made, so it's a win-win for everybody.

Have a song to suggest? If there's a Halloween tune that you feel is worthy of a permanent spot in the Jack-O-Juke, please post it here in this blog thread. This thread will be the NEW permanent home for all spooky song suggestions, so feel free to return with all the ideas you can come up with. I can't promise I'll add everything you suggest, but I'll certainly keep an open mind about any haunted Halloween anthems you can come up with.

Alright, I hope you're all as thrilled about this as I am. Now please help spread the word, go ahead and start listening to all the Halloween songs, and lemme know what you think of our new Jack-O-Juke!

Jon (Guest) on 09/12/2017 11:36 pm

I didn't see it in there, but I might've missed it:

That song from The Monster Squad "Rock Until You Drop". You know, the one played during the radical montage!

I seem to remember a horribly awesome rap song that plays during the end credits of Waxwork 2. Check it out - you won't regret it.

Something from the Poltergeist score would be awesome - Carol Ann's Theme or something. Also - tracks from The Twilight Zone: The Movie score.

Music from the movie Troll.

Lastly, if you're going for some classic video game tunes, what about some of the tracks from the SNES game "Gargoyle's Quest"? Very reminiscent of Ghouls and Ghosts because, well, the Capcom connection.

I may conjure up some more but that's all I can think of at the top of my head.

slodaddio on 09/12/2017 11:37 pm

That comment above was me - just forgot to sign in.

Cody Magnuson (Guest) on 09/13/2017 5:14 am

Hey Roger it's Cody Magnuson, just letting you know your already far ahead as far as making everyone amazed! Re & Jacob doing the jukebox is the best thing you can do for Halloween, considering how dated it was, but now we don't have to worry. You took care of it, and now it's ready to become a classic once again!

Dr. V on 09/13/2017 10:30 am

Hm having trouble getting it to work on chrome

shimwood on 09/13/2017 3:43 pm

If you'd like I can list the songs out separately, but mc chris released an album last year that's dedicated to Freddy Krueger. It's called mc chris Is Dreaming and I would highly recommend that some of the songs get added to the Jack-o-juke. Also, his previous album - mc chris Foreverrr, has songs about the Ghostbusters, Wednesday Addams, and the movie Clue that can be added.

Mighty Pinto (Guest) on 09/14/2017 12:42 pm

LOVE the new Jack-O-Juke! I always put it on blast come September 1st.

Some song suggestions:

C Spot Run - "Nightmares" (from Night of the Creeps)

Perturbator - "The Church"

Pretty Maids - "Night Danger" (from DEMONS)

Dennis Michael Tenney - "The Beast Inside" (from Night of the Demons"

Mighty Pinto (Guest) on 09/14/2017 1:24 pm

Oh! I almost forgot!

Buddy Miles - "Children of the Night" (From Maniac Cop 2)

-RoG- on 09/14/2017 2:38 pm

slodaddio - Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to check 'em out and consider them for future updates to the Jack-O-Juke!

Cody Magnuson - I'm glad you like it! I know it's become an important part of Halloween, but with the Flash version being soooo outdated, we decided 2017 was the year we'd finally give it a big upgrade so it'll work for everyone! :)

Dr. V - Thanks for the heads up. There's a fix in the works for that, and we should have it up by next week. In the meantime, you can load it in another browser and it'll surely work for ya.

shimwood - I love that album! Definitely going to include some tracks from it in the future. Great suggestions!

Mighty Pinto - Awesome. So good to hear you're loving the new Jack-O-Juke after all the work that was put into it. Hope it keeps you company all Halloween season long, and thanks for the tune suggestions! Perturbator has some great tunes.

I hope you're all loving the new & improved Jack-O-Juke so far. Keep those song suggestions coming!

Ulttimo (Guest) on 09/14/2017 6:46 pm

A local punk band by the name of Born Again Savages does a song called Secret Government Monster Hunter. It's a pretty good tune and works great for the Halloween season. Check it out on YouTube.

shimwood on 09/14/2017 7:12 pm

Glad to hear you're a fan of mc chris! One sugestion I forgot about was Mr. Raven by MC Lars. It may be a bit on the lighter side, but Edgar Allen Poe is definitely synonymous with Halloween in my house.

Conan (Guest) on 09/16/2017 3:02 pm

Using this on my tablet is like I have a real tiny jukebox in my living room. (Even if it is a little two dimensional! lol)
Thanks!

Chris (Guest) on 09/18/2017 5:08 pm

Amazing, guys! I always hoped the Jack o Juke would get an upgrade, but I never imagined a spooky LED display. :D

Keep up the good work.

A-bomb (Guest) on 09/19/2017 6:29 am

The new Jack-o-Juke is amazing! Great job with the update!

Dr. V on 09/20/2017 11:54 am

Works now!

austin popdan (Guest) on 09/22/2017 7:51 pm

Hey RoG, the Monsters tv show theme shows up twice on the tracklist. Just thought you should know.

I don't know how to segue into this but here's some song suggestions because why not.

-Joe Lamont: Flesh to Flesh (from the Return of the Living Dead Pt. II soundtrack).

-Black No. 1 by Type O Negative (it's an 11 minute metal song about a goth chick with references to the Munsters, full moons, Nosferatu and, of course, Halloween and trick or treating. Surprised it's not on there).

-Trick or Treat by Halloween (Halloween was a shock rock metal band known as "Detroit's Heavy Metal Horror Show" and this tune was on their 80's album "Don't Metal With Evil").